Monday, June 3, 2013

Why the Feast of Corpus Christi is So Cool (It Even Sounds Cool)


Imagine if you could see the physical presence of Jesus every day. I'm not talking about "seeing" God in the face of a newborn, though that is cool, too.  I'm talking about Jesus Himself, in physical form.

You can! And the Feast of Corpus Christi (The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ) is all about celebrating His actual, physical body-blood-soul-and-divinity!

How do we know He is actually there in the consecrated host and wine at Mass? Because he said so.



Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.55For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

John 6: 53-56


My flesh is true food.  Not a symbol. Not kinda sorta.  IS.  He was pretty clear.

Many of His disciples left Him because they couldn't get their minds around this fact. He let them leave.

Corpus Christi gives us another reminder to celebrate Jesus' gift of Himself.   It's my belief that one of the devil's greatest (but temporary) victories is convincing so many to dismiss the Body of Christ as mere bread and wine.  I'm not an apologist. I don't have that gift, but here is a link to Catholic Answers on the subject.

  http://www.catholic.com/tracts/christ-in-the-eucharist

Treat yourself. Go to Mass today, and experience the thrill of experiencing Jesus in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment